Defence website privacy statement
Visiting our Website
When you access the Department of Defence's web servers, the following information is logged:
- the visitor’s machine unique Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- the visitor’s domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk, etc);
- the date and time of the visit to the site;
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- the previous site visited; and
- the type of website browser used.
This information is primarily used for statistical purposes. However, this information may also be disclosed to an Australian Federal, State or Territory investigative authority to support investigations.
Sending us emails
When you send Defence an email, our email servers will collect and hold your email address and the content of the email for the purpose of responding to your enquiry and, where necessary, taking subsequent action. Your email address will not be added to a mailing list unless supplied for that reason. If you fail to provide all relevant information in your email, Defence's ability to respond to your enquiry will be limited.
Post: BP35-1-066 PO Box 7927 CANBERRA BC ACT 261